Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Trip to Helen!

This past weekend, we headed out to Helen, Ga to spend some time with Josh's parents. They have a great cabin there, and it was actually where Josh and I spent our honeymoon when we got married. This was the first time we had been back there together since then. Anistyn and I had gone once over the summer with Dane and Ellen...so it was a lot of fun for all of us to be there together!

We had such a great time! My family used to take a lot of trips to Helen when I was a kid, so it always brings back a lot of fun memories for me. We enjoyed a LOT of great food together. Dane and Ellen took us to a spot where we could feed a whole bunch of trout, which Anistyn loved. We did a lot of sight seeing, and even got a round of mini golf in! Here are some pics from our fun trip...

                                        My little family of three...but not for much longer!


                       I took a picture of her while she was smiling for Poppy. I know I'm biased...but she just takes my breath away sometimes!


Josh and I...goofing off of course!


Josh, me, Dane, and Ellen! Thanks to Ani for taking this picture!


I also wanted to add in two pictures of our time on the road while getting to the cabin. Anistyn likes to take pictures with my camera when she's bored...especially of herself!

Here's some of the evidence.

We also took Saban with us along for the trip. He loved tagging along! On the way up there, Saban would walk around the van, taking naps and snuggling up next to us. At one point, he decided to come and sit directly beside me if the passenger seat....


                                                       He looks like such a dignified little boy!

We had a great time and it was so nice to get away for a weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great weekend. Maybe we can meet up there sometime and let the kids explore Helen together. Time just keeps slipping away!

    ReplyDelete