Saturday, February 13, 2010

I love days like these...

I have had a half written blog in my edit box for a couple of days now...I just haven't been able to finish it, so I will just start fresh. These last few days have been a lot of fun for Anistyn and me. We've been having a great time with our new friends. We went out Tuesday and met up with Kelly and her daughter again, as well as another girl named Adrina, who has a daughter named Abby. We went to the library where the kids got to listen to a musician...and then we went to McDonalds so they could play and we could talk...although the McDonalds didn't have a play area...is that even allowed??

I don't know if it was something in the air on Tuesday, or what...but it seemed like everywhere I went  (bus riding wise...) I was meeting another interesting person. I am my mother's child...which means that I could basically hold a conversation with a tree. I love meeting new people of course, and I loved hearing they're stories. There's nothing like being nice to a complete stranger for no reason at all...and when they leave they look back at you and say "I hope you have the most blessed life possible." I just love that.

Anistyn is having a great time with her new friends...I love seeing her come out of her shell with them. When she meets new people she is sooo shy. After a while though, when she's comfortable...you won't be able to get her to stop talking! Here's a picture of her with her new friend Chaela at the library!

They're too cute!

Josh has a four day weekend now which he deserves. Yesterday he was able to sleep in and have the house to himself for the first time in...well, ever. Anistyn and I went to go hang out with Adrina and her little girl. We went for a group playdate at a park, but it had rained a little bit so they had canceled it. Sooo...we headed over to Chuck E. Cheese and let the girls run wild while we chatted it up. Its so great to meet girls that I have so much in common with! Then we took the girls for lunch and called it a day.

Now we're just getting ready for our first Valentine's Day together around here....we don't have a baby sitter of course, but we'll figure something out!

1 comment:

  1. I think I have discovered the reason we hit it off so well. I think I could pretty much have a conversation with a tree too. Never met a stranger, and all that jazz...
    I am so glad you are finding people to click with.
    Enjoy your long weekend, especially this "romantic" holiday tomorrow. Ah, young love!

    ReplyDelete