Friday, December 18, 2009

Kids These Days...

I must start this post by stating an opinion. I think my daughter is pretty darn funny. All kids are funny for that matter, but being her mother, I am of course, with her more. Josh and I often glance at each other and laugh together when we hear Anistyn singing one of her "made-up" songs, which she does frequently.

I wanted to recap two things that she said to earlier though.

Her first comment came after seeing a children's show which had talked about car safety and how drivers need to be aware of their surroundings and how they need to stay alert. Anistyn came up to me and said

"I know how to drive mom, I just need my driver's liscense like you. Can we go get one soon?"

Then later she said

"Mom, when I use my spit, I'm just trying to blow bubbles with my mouth. I'm not really spitting. So you don't need to get onto me when I do that because bubbles aren't bad.

Kids these days...

On another note, we had Josh's Christmas party last night. It was a nice for us to get out as a family and meet some more people. We ate great food and Santa was there, although Anistyn was of course acting way too shy to go talk to him. I didn't get any pictures except this one of Anistyn and Josh as we were leaving. Anistyn had wanted a picture in front of all the pretty lights.


I just love those two people. Now tomorrow is Josh's last day of work before his leave...thank goodness! I know he's ready to relax a little bit, especially after these last couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment