For some reason I am not tired tonight. So, I was being nosey online, and found a survey Carrie had done on her blog about the New Year. It was really cute so I thought I would join in! I really want to do one of the reading challenges that are going on too...hopefully Thursday I can get to the library so I can start on some! Here's the survey!
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I had a lot of first this year. I got married...I had never done that before! Haha! I drove across country with my daughter and mom...that was a lot of fun too!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I am horrible with New Year's resolutions...and whatever if it was...I'm sure I didn't keep up. This year, my New Year's resolution is to try to be the best wife and mother I can be.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! My cousin Rachel had a beautiful little boy!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not anyone that I was really close to.
5. What countries did you visit?
No countries...but I visited a lot of states I had never been to.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
I think in 2010 I really want to start pursuing my own personal goals. Maybe start writing that book I'm always talking about writing...
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September 15th...it was the day I got married, and because if I don't I think my husband would be pretty upset!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I would say dedicating myself to someone for the rest of my life is a pretty big achievement!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmm...I don't think I've failed at anything major...at least that I can think of!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, thank goodness!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My husband's wedding ring...
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Oh wow. Great question...I would have to say everyone in my life! My husband for being the person that he is and loving me unconditionally. My daughter for constantly surprising and inspiring me, my family for being so supportive and loving, my friends for being the ear that I always need...I'm one lucky girl.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I think depressed is taking it a little far...but behavior that I will never understand is that of people that are rascist, close-minded, or just don't know how to be "real." If that makes any sense.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My wedding, and moving out to California to be with Josh!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
I'm gonna say "One Time" by Justin Bieber. Its the first singer Anistyn said was "so cute"! We've had a lot of fun dancing to that song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) poorer or richer?
(b) same weight since like...8th grade!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Hmm...I wish I had done more to help others.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home with Josh, Anistyn and my in-laws.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I sure did! AND got married to him!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. What was the best book you read?
Hmm...I would have to go with the Sookie Stackhouse series...I need to buy the next one!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I can't think of anything "new"...other than, now I am forced to listen to a whoooole lot of country music!
26. What did you want and get?
After all his chasing...I wanted to be Josh's wife...and I got it.
27. What did you want and not get?
A million bucks...but, Josh is still way better;)
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
That would definitely have to be Gran Torino...seeing as I am a huge Clint Eastwood fan. I'm pretty sure it came out in 2008...but I didn't see it until 2009.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25 this year. Josh took me to see New Moon and got me a new pair of boots!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I can't think of one thing...this has been one of the best years yet!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
32. What kept you sane?
God, family, and friends!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Can't think of any...
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Pretty much every single one...
35. Who did you miss?
I miss my family and friends in Alabama and Georgia so so so so much. Its hard to be away from the people I'm used to seeing everyday. It won't be forever though.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Josh's family...all of them!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Hmm...a life lesson? Now that I'm getting a little sleepy I don't think I'm able to do my "deep thinking". I'll just say that my life lesson for this year was to love everyone just as they are. I hope to do that with everyone in my life.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
I'll put in some of my favorite lyrics from the song that was played at our wedding. Bryan Adams 'When You Love Someone"...
When you love someone - you'll sacrifice
You'd give it everything you got and
you won't think twice
You'd risk it all - no matter what may come
When you love someone