Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to Normal

What a great two weeks its been! Its been full of great times. We've laughed, made memories, and enjoyed all of our visitors! And of course...I have pictures.


We had to drive to San Francisco to pick up one of my best friends Kelly, and her little boy Caleb. I was really excited because I've never been to San Fran before! The airport was on the outskirts, so as soon as we picked them up, we headed into the city.



We had to drive across the Golden Gate Bridge of course...




I think Kelly and I were more excited than anybody! We only had time to drive around the city for a bit before we had to head home due to some car crazed children! I really want to go back for a whole weekend! We headed home and before you knew it, we had little soldiers running around the place.



Then of course....Josh had to have some karate lessons...


Which then leaded to a cheerleading session...


Good thing Josh is really just a  big kid...he knows how to entertain them!
For New Years Eve Josh had a friend over so we all just hung out at the apartment.
Kelly and I made some yummy snacks and then just enjoyed our evening together!

Then of course, I got a kiss from this handsome guy at midnight!



Over the next couple of days we had a lot of girl talks (Josh excluded). We also all took the kids to see Alvin and the Chipmunks, which was very cute. We didn't really have any plans to get out and do major things...we just wanted to spend time together! On their last day here we headed to Monterey though. Josh wanted to show Caleb the big tank they have on base!


Then we took the kids to the Wharf to have some lunch...where we ran into a man who had a cart full of birds. And guess who got to hold one?


She was soooo excited to hold Toby the bird! We followed that up with some face painting!


Spiderman and a butterfly!

I was sad to see them leave...we've had such a great time! Now its time to get everything back to normal! Josh had to go back to work today...it was great having him here for two whole weeks! I hope everyone had a great holiday...I know I did!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! Seeing the Golden Gate bridge brings back such wonderful memories.
    I love the cheerleading and karate pictures. I guess Josh's cheerleading background is going to come in handy with a daughter now!
    Lastly, Ani is welcome to keep Toby all to herself - I can't stand birds! Looks like she was really enjoying him though. Personally, the farther away they stay from me, the better!

    ReplyDelete