Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Good-bye...or, see you later!

Yesterday some of my friends and I met up at O'Charleys for lunch, and to say good-bye to one of our friends, Kemis. Since this base is used a lot for training there are a lot of people that just are here for around 8 months...and then leave. Such is military life:(

I adored Kemis right when I met her. We our both loud, outspoken...and its pretty funny when we're around each other. Plus...we were both pregnant! I say were because Kemis gave birth to her adorable little boy a little over 2 weeks ago!

So, along with this being a farewell lunch for Kemis...it was also my first time getting to meet little Israel Alan.


He was soooo tiny! Its hard to believe that in 4 more months I'll be holding my own. Since I haven't had to care for an infant in 6 years...it made it very real to me! I just forgot how tiny and fragile they are when they're so little! He is absolutely precious!

I am going to miss him and his mommy so much and wish they weren't leaving! But I am glad that I got to know them for a short while.


No comments:

Post a Comment