Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring weather=fun times!

Now that the weather is in its lovely in between time, its perfect for outdoor family time. It isn't the freezing cold it was before, but it hasn't made it to the blistering summer heat either. On Friday Josh had some errands he wanted to get done, so Anistyn and I headed up to the park since she was out of school. After much playtime, we headed home for more playtime with daddy and Saban outside. Saturday we headed up to Adventure Crossing, which is a small amusement park. It has go karts, rides, an arcade, and mini golf. We spent the whole afternoon there together, then headed home.

I've also been working more on our meal times around here. Since Josh is working 2 to midnight, I've had to readjust meal times a little. The only difference is that I now cook Josh a meal at midnight. Sometimes its meals that are reheatable...but sometimes I just cook a whole other meal.

I've done so great with meal planning this last week. I am all set up for our meals up to April 2nd! Go me!

I did make one meal last Friday night that was a big hit here. I had some salmon in the freezer that I wanted to use up, so I took to the world wide web to find something to make it super yummy. I found a yummy glaze to put on top and it gobbled up quickly. Josh really loved it especially.

Here's the recipe:

Mix together:
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 tablespoons horseradish

Spread the glaze all over the top and bake at 450 for 20 minutes.

Funny side note: The only item that I was missing from this recipe was the horseradish so I added it to our grocery list. I always make out the list, and Josh likes to do the grocery shopping. So when he came back from the store...he had an actual horseradish! Not the sauce that comes in the bottle already made...but a HORSERADISH! It was hilarious! I of course asked him why he didn't buy horseradish bottled and he said "I was just reading the list. It said you needed horseradish...so you got horseradish." He is right...it DID say horseradish...haha.

So, since I obviously had a horseradish ready, I just googled how to make horseradish. All it took was chopping it up, adding some water and white vinegar and putting it in the food processor. Then, I just jarred the rest to use later...and now I have homemade horseradish! We also had a good laugh over the ordeal as well!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy!
    Have you tried allrecipies.com? I have their app on my phone and get their daily E-mail. They are full of fun suggestions when you are running dry. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm! I just found your Lovely Blog on Baby Center :), I agree with the Comment above! I love allrecipes.com!

    Karina

    ReplyDelete