Thursday, March 10, 2011

Swing shift

Around here, we're trying to get adjusted to Josh's new "swing shift" schedule.

We were so spoiled since he got home in October. Josh was working from around 8-4...give or take 30 minutes to an hour depending on the day. It was great. We were all up in the morning together getting ready. Anistyn and him got all of their work done during the day, which gave me time to myself to get all the housework done and meals started. I would pick her up at 3:00...and he would be home at 4.

He had time to spend with Anistyn before dinner where we all sat down to eat together. He could help with Anistyn's homework and after putting her to bed, we still had a few hours to spend together before bedtime.

Now though...its an ajdustment. He works 2 to midnight and we're still working on getting used to it. He pretty much doesn't see Anistyn during the week at all. When I'm getting her ready and off to school, he's still sleeping. And by the time she's home from school, he's already at work. If I want to spend time with him, it means staying up until around 2am...which means I sleep in too...which I don't like to do.

Hopefully we'll start getting used to it soon. I've started cooking dinner for Anistyn and I...and thne cooking for him again at midnight when he gets home. I know that once he's been at work for so long, there's nothing like a fresh, home cooked meal.

And it could always be worse. There are a lot of wives that don't get to spend any time with their husbands at all right now due to deployments and other things. So, while it is an ajdustment...he is very much worth it.

Although...now they're talking about making him work night shift. So as soon as we DO get used to this shift...it will probably change again!

1 comment:

  1. I know it stinks. And yes, as soon as you get use to it, they will change again. But eventually he will get a schedule that you like. Summer will come, and you can all sleep late together. Like you said, he is worth it-Just make sure you don't wear yourself out, little baby momma!

    ReplyDelete