Thursday, October 1, 2009

When it rains, it pours...

Typically, I would like to think I'm a fairly optimistic person...I always think of the glass half full and I don't like when people look at all the negative instead of the positive. But today is just...ONE of those days. It seems like one thing is happening after the other. I had my one big crying fit...and it was actually over the only positive thing that has happened.

Recap of the last two days:

It all started when I decided to have a play-date yesterday. The weather has been wonderful and I've been eager to get my little one outside. So, my friend Mia and I decided to get together at the park and let our girls play. Right before I left I was doing my usual run through of my belongings. Keys, check. Wallet, check. Phone...no check. I started searching the whole apartment for my beloved iphone. Bedrooms...no. Living room...no. Dining room...no. Kitchen...I walk in and out of the corner of my eye I saw it. My precious phone that I love...floating in the sink. In water. Ugh. Now I am not a materialistic person. I don't buy myself clothes. I don't get my hair done. I take care of my daughter. Being a single mom the last 4 years I've learned to go without so that Anistyn can have the things she needs. But my iphone is my one guilty pleasure. So sue me.

I grabbed it and in a panic, dry it off, stuff it in my purse and head to the park. Mia has an iphone too so we tried everything. Finally, I gave up. I enjoyed the rest of the afternoon and afterwards ran to ATT. Of course, my pay day wasn't until today and I couldn't do anything until I payed my balance, so I figured I could survive until the next day. I borrowed my mom's phone so I could still talk to Josh and ran to Old Navy where I have a little part time gig. Josh was meeting with the transportation people about moving all of our stuff, so I was eager to hear what they had to say.

Right before I go into work Josh calls. They are more than happy to send movers to get our stuff...but they need a lease to do so first and it will be two weeks from the time they get that to make the move. So, the date has been pushed back. I always try to stay positive with Josh, because his schooling is so important and he needs to stay focused on it. I let him vent out his frustration, then I try to get his spirits up. I don't want to whine or complain because it would just upset him. Which means my blog gets to hear my complaining...lucky you:) I was still really upset when I went into work. Usually folding all those clothes is a drag...but yesterday it was actually theraputic. I had the whole place clean in record timing.

So, fast forward to today. I wake up knowing its pay day and everything with my phone will be fixed. I knew I was up for an upgrade and I was hoping for another i phone, but if I couldn't get it...I at least needed some phone. So I get up, get myself and Anistyn ready and head out the door. Right away, Anistyn is complaining about her tummy. She hadn't gotten a lot of sleep though, so I just watched her. I ran to check my account and wham. All the pay that I should have gotten from my unused vacation time...not in my account. I had a rediculously low amount in my account. Not even enough to pay the bill, let alone try and get another phone. We don't have a house phone...everyone just uses their cell phones. Now I have no way of getting one right now. Wow. I run to my mom's work which is right down the road to use her phone to let Josh know in case he tried to get in touch with me. I send him a text, then walk out with Anistyn. I get her buckled in when she says "Mommy...my tummy..." I grabbed her as quick as I could and held her out of the car while she threw up. I went on a mommy rampage, washing her up, getting her situated and then I dashed to CVS. I got crackers and gatorade. I majorly needed to get groceries today, since there was no food in the house and I hadn't eaten either. So I find the closest drive thru and order a burger. As I went up to pay for some reason my card wouldn't work. The lady slid it three times...ugh. I had just gotten paid, plus I had just used it. I felt a huge cry coming on when the lady looked out and said "Here, my boss says just to act like its your birthday." I thanked her over and over and drove off. That was the best thing that I had happened to me in a couple days...therefore, I started my crying fit over it.

I got home and tended to Anistyn, who threw up three times in an hour. I finally got some food in her tummy, and now she is acting fine. But wow...what a day. Later, when I have time, I am going to think of something good to write about. Noone likes a whiner. I just needed to vent for a minute. Josh is supposed to get some more news about our move and I'm really hoping its good news. The thing is, I don't really care about my phone. I'm also not a big complainer about money. Everything would be fine and all my worries would go away, if I could just see my husband. If I could just curl up on the couch and snuggle with him, I wouldn't care about all the little things. And at the bottom of all the complaining I've done...thats really what I'm upset about. I just really really miss him.

1 comment:

  1. I have talked to you since you wrote this, but I hadn't heard about the phone thing. I am so sorry! I think I would have a meltdown if my Blackberry took a bath - it holds my life.
    Chin up little sister - it will get better, I promise!

    ReplyDelete